The Beyond Preclearance: The Next Generation U.S.–Canada Border White Paper provides a renewed vision and strategy for border innovation to improve efficiency, effectiveness and security. The highly visual White Paper includes a set of detailed flow maps and process changes to demonstrate the current and future state of border clearance into and between Canada and the U.S., and focuses on the following areas:
- Border history, context and successes;
- Current border environment;
- Border security and policy issues;
- New and emerging technologies;
- Beyond Preclearance vision for the U.S. and Canada;
- Coordinating mechanisms; and
- Action plan and pilot initiatives.
Development of the White Paper was led by InterVISTAS Consulting with contributions from Coalition members, and insights gathered at the Woodrow Wilson Center and Public Policy Forum roundtables held between March and August 2018.
The Executive Summary and the full Beyond Preclearance: The Next Generation U.S.–Canada Border White Paper are available for download: